Monday, April 11, 2011

Quaker no more!!

My son is a major oatmeal junkie. He will eat oatmeal every morning with no arguments! I was giving him Quaker brand just because of convenience, but they stopped making his favorite flavor (cinnamon roll) in it's own box. I would have to buy the variety pack just for 2 pouches of it!! No thank you!

While at the store last month I saw this other brand called BetterOats had a Cinnamon Roll flavor. It was on sale for $2.00 and came with 5 pouches in a box. I thought I'd give it a try not sure if L would even like it cause I thought they might be too "grainy" for his liking. Well our little taste tester loved it!! He gobbled it up in record time and wanted seconds!! I was sold after that morning.
After doing a little research on the company online I was pleased to discover just why BetterOats is truly better. This oatmeal is packed full of whole grain oats, flax seed, and vitamins A and E. They use real fruit in their fruit flavors unlike Quaker who's strawberries are just dried apples with red coloring added. Packaging is designed to be more environmentally friendly. Up to 35% less waste than the competition! The little box doesn't take up much room in my pantry which we all know that space is premium and I love how you can measure out the water with the built in measuring pouch!
I wrote BetterOats to tell them just how much we loved their oatmeal and as a thank you they sent me coupons! One is even for a free box of BetterOats!! If you like a product write the company and you will be rewarded by spreading the good word around about their product. You can get a b1g1 coupon on their site here: http://www.betteroats.com/taste.php So check your local grocery store to see if BetterOats is on their shelves and pick up a box (or 2!). You will be glad you did!

PS My favorite flavor of the moment is the Chai Spiced. It's like eating a Chai Latte!! They even have a chocolate flavor for all you chocoholics!! I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment