Sunday, June 5, 2011

Here Comes the Sun......burn

So I am one of those lucky ducks who usually tans beautifully and never ever burns....or so I thought! This past Thursday I volunteered at my son's school's Fun Day. I was put on face painting duty. I figured we would be indoors so I wore a tank top and didn't put any sunscreen on cause normally I'm fine without it.

I arrive at his school and are told that we will be outside. No big deal I've been in the sun all day before and have never had a problem. Well after 7 hours in the heat my skin got a little red. Happened before and thought it would just tan like it normally does. 2 hours later I looked like this.


I officially have my first ever major sunburn!! It's been a couple days now and the redness has gone down, but now I have little tiny water blisters on my shoulders and peeling. I vow to never ever forget to put on sunscreen again!




No comments:

Post a Comment