Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Resisting the urge....

...not to cut/color my hair that is!

Me at about 5 years old

When I was a little girl I had super long straight hair. My mom would have to fight be tooth and nail to brush and style it, but I always got complements on it. When I hit middle school I decided I wanted to get a short bob hairstyle. Ever since that day I have had a love/hate relationship with my hair. I have my hair short for a bit then grow it out. As soon as it just starts getting long again I get the itch to cut it short again!

Me at 17/18 Senior Year

I have the same problem with coloring my hair. I color it (usually in red/burgundy tones) and the color last like a month at most and when I start to see my roots and the brilliant red is faded I color it with a jet blue/black. That last until I grow it out to my natural color and as soon as it's all one color...that damn itch comes back to go get a box of dye!

Me taken about 2 weeks ago

Right now my hair is just past my collar bone and all my natural hair color (except for about 2 inches of black still there and a few white hairs EEK!!) A part of me wants to try to keep growing it out so it is long and lush. Then there is the other part of me that is eyeing Feria's Ruby Rush and an Amelie haircut!


2 comments:

  1. your hair looks great any length, with or without bangs! I love the darker colors best, esp dk brown/black. DO what you love/want with your hair though, you can always change it! I understand, I get moody about my hair too..I always want to lighten it (for some reason, but it looks better with dark base, and some lighter streaks) almost didn't do bangs last time, but glad that I did! Love the Amelie cut..and color you want, but I love your current cut/color/pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go through the same thing cut-grow-color. But the good thing about hair is that it grows back. I say cut and color. I'm liking that red!!

    ReplyDelete